Carbon Steel Weld Pipe Dn300 Sch40 For Building Material
THE TEST FOR API 5L WELD STEEL PIPES
Pipe to withstand a hydrostatic test without leakage through the weld seam or the pipe body. Jointers need not be hydrostatic tested provide the pipe sections used were successfully tested.
No cracks shall occur in any portion of the test piece and no opening of the weld shall occur.
Acceptance criteria for flattening test shall be:
- EW pipes D<12.750 in:
- X60 with T 500in. There shall be no opening of the weld before the distance between the plates is less than 66% of the original outside diameter. For all grades and wall, 50%.
- For pipe with a D/t > 10, there shall be no opening of the weld before the distance between the plates is less than 30% of the original outside diameter.
- For other sizes refer to the full API 5L specification.
CVN impact test for PSL2
Many PSL2 pipe sizes and grades require CVN. Seamless pipe is to be tested in the body. Welded pipe is to be tested in the body, pipe weld and heat-affected zone. Refer to the full API 5L specification for the chart of sizes and grades and required absorbed energy values.
Tolerances: Outside diameter, out of roundness and wall thickness
|Specified Outside Diameter D (in)||Diameter Tolerance, inches d||Out-of-Roundness Tolerance in|
|Pipe except the end a||Pipe end a,b,c||Pipe except the End a||Pipe End a,b,c|
|SMLS Pipe||Welded Pipe||SMLS Pipe||Welded Pipe|
|< 2.375||-0.031 to + 0.016||– 0.031 to + 0.016||0.048||0.036|
|≥2.375 to 6.625||0.020D for||0.015D for|
|+/- 0.0075D||– 0.016 to + 0.063|
|By agreement for||By agreement for|
|>6.625 to 24.000||+/- 0.0075D||+/- 0.0075D, but max of 0.125||+/- 0.005D, but max of 0.063||0.020D||0.015D|
|>24 to 56||+/- 0.01D||+/- 0.005D but max of 0.160||+/- 0.079||+/- 0.063||0.015D for but max of 0.060||0.01D for but max of 0.500|
|By agreement||By agreement|
|a. The pipe end includes a length of 4 in ate each of the pipe extremities|
|b. For SMLS pipe the tolerance apply for t≤0.984in and the tolerances for the thicker pipe shall be as agreed|
|c. For expanded pipe with D≥8.625in and for non-expanded pipe, the diameter tolerance and the out-of-roundness tolerance may be determined using the calculated inside diameter or measured inside diameter rather than the specified OD.|
|d. For determining compliance to diameter tolerance, the pipe diameter is defined as the circumference of the pipe in any circumferential plane divide by Pi.|
|Wall thickness||Tolerances a|
|SMLS pipe b|
|> 0.157 to < 0.948||+ 0.150t / – 0.125t|
|≥ 0.984||+ 0.146 or + 0.1t, whichever is the greater|
|– 0.120 or – 0.1t, whichever is the greater|
|Welded pipe c,d|
|≤ 0.197||+/- 0.020|
|> 0.197 to < 0.591||+/- 0.1t|
|≥ 0.591||+/- 0.060|
|a. If the purchase order specifies a minus tolerance for wall thickness smaller than the applicable value given in this table, the plus tolerance for wall thickness shall be increased by an amount sufficient to maintain the applicable tolerance range.|
|b. For pipe with D≥ 14.000 in and t≥0.984in, the wall thickness tolerance locally may exceed the plus tolerance for wall thickness by an additional 0.05t provided that the plus tolerance for mass is not exceeded.|
|c. The plus tolerance for wall thickens does not apply to the weld area|
|d. See the full API5L spec for full details|
1. More than 10 years of sales experience
2. Product exported more than 150 countries
3. Arrange to produce according yo customer's request
1. AA level customs broker,Faster through
2. 20 years of experience in the freight forwarding company
3. Delivery Detail: 10-20 days
1. Certificate: API, CE, ISO9001.2000.MTC etc
2. Inspection: BV,SGS,others is avaliable.
3. A complete testing system and testing equipments
1. Free sample can be provided
2. Small order is acceptable
3. OEM is acceptable
4. Any third party testing is acceptable